Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, June 12, 2007

I'm getting ready......well kinda sorta

Come the weekend Art the Omnipotent, her daughter and I will be setting out for Farmwife's. AO and daughter will return home after a fun fill weekend of cleaning and sorting. I will be staying until Miss Bitsy is here and mom has knee replacement.

I can tell you that although I'm looking forward to meeting my newest grandchild, I am not looking forward to the C-section.
The last time around Pa and I were heading to the hospital and I fell apart crying like a baby.
When we got to the hospital, we went were they told us and no one came for us. We waited and waited, finely a nurse ask us if she could help, we told her what was going on and off she went. She came back with the news that BB was already heading for the nursery and FW would soon be in her room. We missed the C-section and what relief, all was well.

I have gone under the knife a number of times and it was no big deal. But that was me.
When Bubba was 4 and had to have minor surgery the doctor said it would be done in one hour. The hour came and went. I started to get very panicky and Pa had to keep telling it wasn't unusual for the surgery to take longer. A half hour later Bubba was back in his room and I was still mad at the doctor for not having him back to me in one hour like he said.

Waiting does not bring out my best especially when it is my child on the table.

I want to do better this time but the truth is that even now when I think about it I start to get queasy. I know it's not just the c-section but the whole birthing thing. I got this way when each grandchild was about to be born. Princess was nice enough to catch me off guard but then so was she.

Way back when I was in labor with FW my mom said "I wish I could do this for you". I thought she was nuts, who would want that pain. Now I know what mom meant.

Well, I won't think about that now, I will think about it tomorrow, after all tomorrow is another day.

Pa and I will post all about Miss Bitsy when she get here. Until then I have lots to do and I need to see Princess's little fat boy to get some loving time in before I'm gone.
So if you think about us say a prayer and I will post on the 26th.

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

And all this from the woman who was convinced she wanted to be in the delivery room just last week...

:)

Queen Mother said...

Yes I still want to be in the room.

call me crazy