Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, April 16, 2009

Great days

Easter Sunday is my favorite day.

When the children were little there were special clothes for church, gifts, dinner at Grandma and Grandpa's followed by a egg hunt with cousins, along with help from parents.
Time marched on and Easter changed. It was still my favorite day but the gifts and the hunt drifted away and there were few dinners at G&G's.
Then we started having friends over for dinner and hunts for their little ones.
Ours woke up to Easter baskets already done.
Over the years a sadness fell over me and although Easter Sunday was still my favorite day and I was so thankful for Jesus Resurrection. The joy of the blessing just wasn't there like before.

I came to understand why this past Christmas. "Christian holidays were originally pagan events". Over and Over for the past 20 years or longer I have heard that statement. It has wearied my soul to the point of guilt and frustration.
"I know, I know and I don't care, I don't even want to talk about it. So just LET IT GO" has been my stance on the whole thing for years now. That is until after this past Christmas. There would be days when out of the blue "it was originally a pagan holiday" popped into my thinking and I gave it just a little thought. Then a little more and more. Finally this is where my thoughts came to.

My whole life I had been doing something that was right in the knowledge that I had. Then someone brought Jesus to me and I came to understand that what knowledge I had wasn't complete. Giving that up and excepting Jesus into my life, changes my life and thought process.
Now, I look at my day to day life in a new way. Along comes a "holiday" and I choose not to take part in the pagan, instead I give thought to the hand of God in Spring, Summer, Harvest and Winter, giving thanks for His faithfulness in all things. As time goes by I am joined with others in this celebration and the pagan loses its importance, to the thankfulness and gifts of the Lord God almighty.

Then as power and money are lost the greedy move to the more profited side and set up shop and the pagan followers just keep doing what they have always done, while telling anyone who will listen "we did it first". Which isn't true either. The Creator of all things in heaven and earth, taught man to worship Him. Man in his own self WANT changed that worship to things of earth.


This year there were new clothes for the grandchildren for church.
On Saturday Grandpa and Grandma M&M and Inklings parents came 2 hours south, Uncle Gick and Aunt Di along with her parents Grandpa and Grandma Bee joined us at Bucka and Busha's big front yard, full of tall grass, for an Easter egg hunt.
Sunday morning Bucka and Busha glowed as they introduced their grandchildren and great grandchildren to friends.
Dinner was simple, little people played and played and the day ended as it had began. My favorite day because of Jesus. The sadness gone and the joy of the blessings returned.

Next year should be even better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you for stopping by today..I eagerly read Farmwife's reports of hearing/talking/seeing you. I do hope all is well with you, and glad you were surrounded by loved ones during the holiday..
((((hugs)))