Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, April 17, 2009

Poor Baby

HT has a virus that is causing lots of diaper changes. Mom says he is not a happy camper right now, so it is off to a warm bath and lots of butt paste. Along with the hope of a early bedtime for all of them.
Pa isn't a happy camper either right now. He is very tired. Next week is the audit and that is always a really big job to get ready for. This year he gets to check the gages, on top of his usual jobs. I can't tell you much about his job I just know it takes a lot of math and looking.

For a long time I thought that the people were sloppy. Pa would come home and tell me they had a spill in some area, sometimes he would call and tell me he didn't know when he would be home because of a spill. After hearing this for so long I said to him "why in the world were those guys so sloppy and what were they always spilling, there has to be a way to stop it , they can't be getting anything done because they are spending all their time mopping up the mess." Pa had a good laugh. It seems that their definition and mine were not the same.
The other thing about Pa's job is measuring parts and equipment. He would come home and talk in math terms I didn't fully understand. So one day I ask him " is this measurement thing bigger or smaller then a strand of my hair", smaller he said and from that day on I have pretty much been in a state of confusion when it comes to Pa's job.

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

Poor H.T. what ever was going on with Bitsy was very short lived. I hope he's feeling better soon. I'll call his mama & check on him later today.

That's funny about Daddy's spills. I always assumed the same thing...that they were mopping up messes of some kind. Guess I'll have to ask him about that now.