Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, June 09, 2010

It's 12:15 and I should be in bed. HT will be here in the morning and I will be wishing I could stay in bed just a little longer.
Oh well.........
Last night it was midnight before I got to bed because of flies. That is right flies.
I made a couple of quick trips out doors without the boy finding out. It was when I went to the mailbox that he decided that he had to come with me and that was only after I was clear out at the mailbox. HT was on his way down the steps and the door was open wide.
Not long after we were back inside I heard that lovely buzz, not the soft warm day buzzing but the dive bomber buzzing. You know the one that gets on your nerves real fast and makes you want to kill something. Each time I thought I had that fly cornered and ready to kill it, it got away and got quite.
Come bed time that fly must have decided that I was to dumb to catch it, I was beginning to think the same thing, so it got real cocky and I got ticked.
My game plan came to me and I went to work. I turned on the light in the front bathroom, then went to put on my pj's, turning off the rest of the lights on my way to the bedroom.
I headed back up to the bathroom, picking up the fly swatter along the way.
Praying as I go, "Lord I'm sorry I know you created that fly but could you just send it into the bathroom so I can kill it. I don't like killing your creatures and I did tried to get it out of the house but it wouldn't go and you know my rule about bugs, I don't go to their house and they don't come into mine."
That big old fat fly was sitting on the middle of the wall just waiting and I missed it. I missed it 2 more times before it went to the watery depths.
Proud of myself I went to turn on the night lamp, low and behold a fly came up out of it. Since the plan had worked once I gave it another try, after missing this one 3 or 4 times I got it flushed. My hard work done I needed to put the swatter in the laundry closet and get a drink, so off to the kitchen I went, turning on the light I was greeted by fly #3 I took a swing and the fly disappeared. Now I don't know if I killed that fly or if it went into the fly hospital because of post stress disorder, but I do know that it never made a sound last night and couldn't be found this morning.

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

Oh my goodness! Mama, you need Grandma M&M to come hunt down & kill your flies. Or Bucka with his ultimate fly swatter. Or maybe Daddy will get you one of those cool electric ones that zap the little buggers.....or maybe just new screen doors. :)

Queen Mother said...

Auntie Di got us one but I couldn't hit the broad side of the barn with it.