Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, July 03, 2011

I hate TransFormers!!
Not the movies, I haven't seen them. It is the toys, at least the new ones. The first time around Bubba had the toys, somewhere around here, there is still one that was much loved. He was about the same age the grandsons are now, when he got his and I do not recall needing a full page 20 picture instruction sheet. That only turns the car into the robot, there are 20 more pictures on the back side to return the robot to the car. Then 2 large pictures showing you how to hook the gun up to the robot and the car.
Now, you might think I'm just to old to get the transforming thing and that is why I hate them, your wrong. I transformed Bumblebee just today.
It all started two Christmas's ago, FarmWife and family were coming home. Being the good Grammy I shopped. The tree was fat with goodies under it and I was ready to receive "Grammy of the Year". There were Transformers.
I had just forgot one little thing, Art and the Rapscallions would be by for a visit and would open their gifts, lots of Bakugan. Back to the store to get a couple for our boys so they could spend the evening playing instead of wishing. Turned out that Art's could only stay for a short time. Gifts opened the boys were happy, Art's boys knew how to transform the Bakugans for the Farmhands. Later FarmBoy decided to put his boys up, it took a while, the boys couldn't remember how to transform them.
Next morning the Transformers were opened and once again FarmBoy is put to work and once again it took a while, a long while, Pa worked on them, FarmBoy tried again and the boys played with HT's toys.
Even though everyone was happy I didn't feel like "Grammy of the Year" and said I would never buy another TransFormer or Bakugan again.
HT discovers TransFormers and wants to go to Aunt FW's almost everyday to play in the boys room. He is making me crazy so I buy him a Bumblebee and after messing with it for what seems like hours, I remember why I hate TransFormers

2 comments:

Kork said...

OH Queen Mother - I am So with you on this one...Captain is in love with all things Transformers...so much so that he actually has 4 of them from his birthday last month.

It took me 45 minutes to get Bumblebee from car to robot...and Thundercracker? Oy....

Oh - and the little "mechTech" ones that you can add on extra things to that are smaller? Not any easier...

Sheesh - whatever happened to the ones we grew up with??? I mean - I don't remember thinking they were stupid or lame or babyish - I remember thinking how cool they were and how FAST you could change them...

It brings to mind the philosophical question of "just because we can, SHOULD we???" when it comes to using technology without thinking of the full ramifications.

There are frustrated parents and sad little boys all over because of the new design. Oh, and instruction manuals that are cluttering up end tables and coffee tables! And you KNOW none of the boys actually refer tot hem at all...

Sigh...

FarmWife said...

Your first problem is that the Bumblee Bee HT wants to play with doesn't transform at all. He's just a big robot toy...that's the only reason he was purchased.

And I hate them too. The pieces don't stay together & are all gathered up in a bucket in the boys room. When ever they bring them to me to put together I say, "Sorry. That's daddy's job. Not mine."