Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, March 14, 2008

Cut, turn or flip, sounds like cooking doesn't it?

Which do you do?

When you turn the lights on in your house.

Heir to the Throne loves to turn the lights on and off and if Aunt Meme has him its on,off,on off,on,off and 5 or 6 more times. I know this because yesterday I went to town, then had to pick HT up, back at his house. This was not good since Axel was dropping him at my house and had to go back home. Thus making Axel late for work. Sorry boy.
Back at Aunt Meme's I got to visit with her and Great Granny and watch the little man in action. He was busy emptying his toy box . Granny said " he's a mess, spoiled rotten" Aunt Meme told us she is the one who teaches him how to be ornery. Picked him up and headed for the light switch. G-Granny said "don't be letting him cut that light on and off you'll pop the bulb out".
Down here there is a lot of cutt'en things on and off.
I'm not sure but it seems to me that my mom flips on the lights and dad turns on the light but after 58 years they enter change the terms.
Pa's parents turn on lights.

Thinking on this, this morning I was just wondering "What do people say when they want the lights on?" Do we all say cut, flip, turn or are there other words used to get the lights on and off?

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

We turn on the lights or flip on the switch. Depends on the moment. I remember Did's Mama asking me if I needed her to carry me home...I was so confused.

zann said...

we're turners in this house. Though occasionally I will say "Flip" as well.