Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Well, I have started to read The Shack. I have red flags jumping up all around me. I'm begining to think that I have just spent money that I really wish I had not spent. It starts out with depression and anger then goes to the cause of the pain. All this to put you in an emotional whirlpool, and at my stopping place, to bring you into a new world that seems to be heading for the warm and fuzzy's with a new nicer way of looking at God.

Now I know that many people have been burned by the church.

I've been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

I have even been one who has caused burns.

I don't believe vilifying it or walking away from it is the answer to the pain.

I still believe in the church. The faith that walked and worked in the first century church, is the same faith that walks and works in the church today.
That can also be said of the hypocrisy and self centered-ness that shows up at church.

I grew up in the Christian church, when the doors were open our family was there. My parents were involved with the leadership and ministry of our congregation. I know the sins of the people, from the cleaning lady to the elders, the pastors and even people in other congregations. Little people have big ears and adults forget that. I over heard far more then I should have.

I spent my early 20's and 30's looking at the church with eyes that had knowledge and little love. God knew that I wanted to see the true church and He has been faithfull to show it to me. Men and women who with out great fan fair spend their time helping, giving and praying for our world and the church. People who clean up after messy teens and adults. People who care for screaming babies, teachers of busy 8,9,and 10 year old boys. People who lovingly give up their free time to help carrie folks back and forth to town. People who work extra hours because they want to give more to kingdom work at home and around the world. People who will pray and pray and then pray some more until there is an answer.
They will laugh, cry and hurt with you and just love you the best they can. But their hearts hurt for the church, because, they to, see the hypocrisy and self centered-ness and long for its end.

Until that time and even after that time I don't believe there will be warm fuzzy's or a new way of looking at the Almighty God. I haven't misunderstood when I have read "I am the Father of Abraham,Isaac and Jacob or when Jesus said I am in the Father and the Father is in me.
What I do see is an Oprahness and All you need is Love. Making red flags pop up.
I will keep reading but I will be cautious.

No comments: