Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, February 05, 2007

What a weekend

The barn caught fire!! But all is well just wanted you to know. That was the phone call just before bed. It was my SIL calling and they were off to hospital to be checked out and would call when back home.
While I waited, and prayed that all would be well with them, Bubba came home with the news that Chicago lost. I said Indy must be having a good time to night.He wasn't poor boy. After that I was feeling bad for my dad and some friends who have been Chicago fans for such a long time. Well maybe next year. It could happen.
My dad is or was a fan of just about every team that came out of Chicago. I guess that is on account of growing up down state.

Well Unkie Di calls and doctor tells them they should be fine except irritated throats for a couple of days. Thank you Lord.
I headed to bed and that is when it started to unnerve me.
Years ago Pa, the children and I were headed home after a day in the park. There was a old barn on fire I wanted Pa to stop so we could watch the fireman put it out, having never seen anything like this. We were a good ways down the road from the barn so Pa stopped. The windows came down and in moments there was a roar that I can still hear. The windows went up and we went home.
Even though I knew that everyone was safe and sound. I started seeing them in that barn fighting that fire. I know that barn and I could picture what was going on and what could have happened. As I started to get all worked up and scared God began to show me how He worked out the good in it, the small things that ended up being big and important things.
I fell asleep thanking Him for His blessings.

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

I remember stopping to watch that barn fire...the heat and sound. It was scary but facinaiting.

I'm kind of glad we didn't know about the barn until Yesterday morning. I didn't have the chance to get scared...but it is amazing what all God set in motion months ago to prevent disaster.