Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 10, 2007

New

I have a new car?
Van?
Truck?

I'm not sure what they call it but last night I got a new Chevy HHR. From the first time I saw a picture of one I like it, a lot, and thought it would be fun to have one.

That's as far as it went, just thought.

I loved my station wagon and since we tend to drive cars until there is no driving left in them, I figured it was going to be another 5 years before we got a different car.

My station wagon began to act strange this past winter. At first I thought it was just me because Pa didn't feel the funny things I felt when he drove it. As time passed those funny things got more noticeable.

In March I was with Farm Wife when she took her van to have it's spring cleaning. They had a purple HHR on the lot and I jokingly told Pa I found my car.

We took a trip in April, were that funny stuff started up once again in the station wagon. One night we actually went to the car dealer and found one just like what I wanted. There was also a real nice black one with all the extras on it.

After some prayer that night the next day Pa called and said no, now wasn't the time.

Tuesday we were headed into town and the wagon started again and Pa said it was time. So yesterday he called about the purple HHR and I was thinking that I might not like looking at purple for 6 to 12 years.

The purple one was gone.

But they had 2 black ones. One we had looked with all the extras and one that they had just brought in from Alabama. It left off 2 of the expensive extras that we would not have used anyway. We bought it.

On the way home we talked about how once again God had provided just the right car at just the right time.

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

#1 Son was a little upset because he didn't get to buy it for you. I told him it would be along time before he was big enough to get a job & buy you a new car, so now he's ok with Pa getting one for you instead. He still plans on getting you a purple on when he's big.

And just so you know, Art & I have big plans on pimping your ride!

zann said...

Congrats on the new wheels! Just what kind of funny stuff was your station wagon doing? Because mine does funny stuff that I notice but DH doesn't ... and I was thinking it was just me until I read this... now I'm a little concerned.

Anonymous said...

congrats on the new baby..and the name of the car is?