Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 30, 2007

What must they think

Almost every year in the spring I remember the first time I met Pa's parents for the first time. Then I feel so sorry for them and the way it happened.
My friend Pam ask Duck and me to go home with her. It was a big adventure and we had lots of fun. By Thursday I was getting sick and come Saturday I just wanted to get back to my own bed.
Pa's parents house was on the way to college and we had promised Pa we would stop.

Now my family would drive through Pa's home town to get to my grandma's, so I know just a little about the town.

I didn't want to stop because I was sick and my hair was dirty.

We missed the Lynch road turn off, went to the next one about 5 miles down the road, turned around, went back to the start and drove to their house. Once we got there I told Pam that if I had known were the house was we wouldn't have had to turn around and go back to the start,because they lived between the two roads that we took to go to grandma's.

I tried to talk Pam into not stopping but she said we had to and so we did.

Pa was happy to see us and his parents were nice. I just set on the floor with my head on his knee wishing I could die and loving Pam because she just chattered away like they were long lost friends.

When I think of it I just wonder what they must have thought. Then maybe I don't really want to know. Maybe they were hoping Pa would change his mind and ask Pam.

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

At least they didn't think you had a drug problem...MIL asked FarmBoy if I did. I can feel the love.