Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

It's Over

I just got back from town and there is no doubt Dogwood winter is gone. I got hot in my stylish warm hoodie and had to take it off while shopping at the Piggly Wiggly.

I wasn't really at the Pig-a-lee a Wigga-a-lee as Princess use to call it. Its on the other side of town. Lots of them are closing but we got a new one last year.

However half through the fresh food section I have decided that my next trip to the store will be to check out Piggly Wiggly even if it is out of the way.

Now there should be a warm spell and then Blackberry winter. Though some say Dogwood and Blackberry are the same cold spell. Time will tell and it won't be long until it's HOT in the Ol' South

6 comments:

zann said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
zann said...

I tried my best to get a picture with the mascot Pig from the Piggly Wiggly the last time I was home to visit. But alas, he was too quick for me - and DH was somewhat embarrassed for me to be asking.. so we skipped it.

It's a very nice store what little I got to see of it.

Anonymous said...

what is a blackberry winter? I never heard gram saying anything like this from being back there.

Queen Mother said...

Blackberry winter is the cold snap that comes just after the blackberry bushes bloom.

I haven't seen any blooms on the blackberry's yet. So I guess that winter is coming down the pike.

Art the Omnipotent said...

Hot fun in the summertime. Got your polka-dot bikini ready yet? I just sent mine out to the cleaners and for alterations.

Queen Mother said...

Let me picture that......

NOOOOOO! Wrong picture.

Just say No

I'm sure you will look fabulous darling..........