Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, April 23, 2007

Pa

Today is Pa's happy birthday. I got him a card that would always remind him of his grandchildren's love of Johnny Cash. (Something isn't working right here I can't space with the enter button) I meet Pa at Lincoln Christian College a long time ago. LCC is a small college and in the first few weeks you will pretty much know every one. Well I meet Pa the first week of school and didn't see him again until the last week of school. No big deal except that one of my best friends was dating his best friend. That last week I had taken my last class and was headed back to the dorm. Janice,Patty and Pa were leaving to go to town and ask if I would like to go with them. We went to the Pink Shutter my favorite place, it was a junk/ antique store. We all decided to buy a hat and go see Pam who was working at the Mel-o-Cream. Mine was a wide brim red hat and Pa got a derby hat. He was so cute. Pam was surprised and told us we looked funny and to get out of the store. We went back to the dorms. Janice and Patty had to leave for home. Pa and I joined up with John and Stewie and went to the river. On the river there was a place were concrete from a old bridge had been busted up and left in the river causing small rapids. The boys started to climb all over it, to cross the river. I had a crush on Stewie and wanted to impress him so when he got across the river I was going to join him. I got half way across that river and down I went, I rolled, tumbled and could have drown but I wasn't the least bit afraid. The boys were running along side the river yelling at me and when I came to a stop they came in after me. It was wonderful, just like the movies. That day Pa became my friend and the next year something else. Did I tell you that he was so cute in that derby hat. Sooo Cute

4 comments:

FarmWife said...

He's still cute, even if he is my Daddy.

I can't say I ever heard this story before...it's a good one.

But now I'm thinking you had no right to get upset with me for jumping off the railroad tressel while I was at LCC.

Anonymous said...

Your ma did to FW..She didn't want you to get hurt.

I love the story QM..Happy Birthday to Pa!

zann said...

Awwww :D And as I wished in FW's Blog, a very happy birthday to Mr.QM :D

Queen Mother said...

Ang is right.

Of course I did with age comes wisdom.

And in some cases better looks!