Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Spring and Dogwoods

After spending a week with my folks last month I headed back south. The trip was just like so many that we have taken over the years, until I reached southern Kentucky. That's were I began to notice bits of green here and there , not a lot just enough to stir up that longing to see more.

Interstate 24 angles south and east thru the state of TN so I didn't notice much change until I got off in Nashville and headed south. Once I was out of all the big city junk the country opened up and it looked like a florist shop. Every tree that could flower was blooming, There were massive amounts of apples, plums ,pear,cherry , crabapple and tulip trees in bloom and the redbuds and dogwoods were putting on their buds. It was spectacular, the grass was greening up and some flowers were in boom we are talking Kodak moment here.
For the next 2 weeks our county was in full bloom. Then a storm came in and the petals were blown away.

Much to my delight the dogwoods began to open.They put on a show......and what a show . They looked like young girls all dressed up for their spring dance.
The trees seemed to reach out as far as possible just so each petal could show off.
Across the road from the Jr.High there is a house that has three trees planted in such a way that it looks like one tree. In the spring it becomes one large fountain of white and this year its seemed even more beautiful then in the past.
While out for a drive a week ago Monday Pa and I saw so many dogwoods all up and down the hills that that is when I decided that I want my very own dogwoods. So now it will be off to find just the right one and bring it to live at my house.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Have you found the perfect dogwood yet?