Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, December 23, 2008

It's Christmas

Today was the official start for Pa and I. Bubba and RP come over so Bubba could give us his gifts. I just now realized that not only did we give Bubba his but RP hers.

Now what will I do come the 27Th?

Bubba is going to try once again to get to grandparents for Christmas. That is suppose to be a surprise to grandparents, so no telling, what you know. He has tried for several years now and the car brakes down along the way making him late. This year he will make it.

Now that Christmas has started for us. I should tell you how lovely my house is, all decked out for the season. I would be lying but I could make it sound grand. Truth is I have 1 Christmas decoration up, a candle wreath that is hanging on the door. Our place looks kinda sad when you look up and down the street.

But really how many Santa's do you need on a street? We have at least 7, sitting, standing even riding in a airplane. As it turns out all these Santa's seem to be stealing my joy instead of adding to it. They seem to loom over everything.

I love the lights and the trees picking through the windows, each seem to be sending cheer to anyone who wishes to take a look.
We just haven't put any out this year or put up a tree. I have been back and forth about all this, I want it, I don't, I do and in the end I don't think I will bother.
Christmas is here, we will give gifts, play games, laugh and enjoy each other.

I do have a strand of star lights that I think I will put up to remind us that once there was a great star that lead wise men to the greatest gift of all time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas (((((Queen Mother))))

Enjoy time with your lovved ones. May God Bless you and your family and let you know how much you are loved across the miles that seperate you from family and friends. May you feel that love this moment.

Inkling said...

Merry Christmas! We do have a tree, but it's naked and getting more unclothed all the time. The needles are falling off so fast this time that we have lots of branches that are perfectly bare. We decided to leave the decorations in the boxes for next year, and just enjoy the naked tree, the presents we found in our mailbox, the foot+ of snow we have, and each other.

Oh, and we're praying that Grasshopper stays right where he is until the weather changes and we are able to dig ourselves out of here. (Considering our town has maybe one plow, it's going to take awhile. At least the mayor lives on our street, guaranteeing us a turn eventually.) Grasshopper's daddy has all sorts of medical training, but we don't want to test it.