Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Fast Food?

Do you like Steak & Shake? Do you even know what it is?

Well in the middle of the country it is a chain of hamburger joints. Hamburgers made with steak instead of hamburger.

Then what is hamburger? Good question, I'm not sure I want to know the answer.

Back to Steak & Shake.

Monday Pa, HT and I dropped off my HHR for some repairs. Steak & Shake was close by. It reminds us of home, so I wanted to spend the money for the over priced burger and the great skinny fries.

We have never been in that joint but what you didn't have had to wait and wait for your food. Monday we walked into a almost empty restaurant, thinking this shouldn't be bad and it wasn't since we had All evening,
Today we went to get the car and guess were we ate. Yep S&S only it was full today and surprise surprise we got our food fast.
During the meal we over heard a waitress say "sorry we're understaffed today"

I think for now on we will only eat there when they are busy and understaffed. But then again I'm not so sure that today wasn't the exception.

5 comments:

FarmWife said...

When I was at LCC we went to the new S&S there. We waited 10 minutes to be seated (in an empty restaraunt at 11 at night), 15 minutes for someone to take our drink order, another 15 before the drinks came, & almost an hour for our food. I think there were 5 of us & we were being massively obnoxious (OK, I wasn't but the boys were). You'd have thought they would tried their best to get us out of there...maybe they were trying to get us to walk out.

Still, I love Steak & Shake...fries...milkshakes...yummy!

Art the Omnipotent said...

Sorry, can't do Steak and Shake. Just can't. Bad memories.

FarmWife said...

I gave you an award, Mama.

http://farmwife7.blogspot.com/2008/02/making-it-all-worthwhile.html

zann said...

I loves the S&S.
The first time I ate at one was in Indiana visiting J's relatives... I was hooked on those fries. Then we discovered there were ones here in TN and but the closest one is Knoxville so we don't get to go often. We do stop in at Cookeville on our way home from visiting mom and dad. I personally am very lucky that it does take 1 1/2 to get to the nearest one because I crave their fries.. and I imagine I would be as big as a side of a barn by now should it not be such a hassle to get there.

Grace said...

MMMMM! Sometimes nothing else will do! I'll go for months wanting one until I can get to a place with one! Dangit, now I want a bacon cheeseburger with those awesome fries dipped in mayo!