Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 13, 2008

I don't like St. Valentine's Day. To many bad memories and to much pressure.

I liked it when I was a kid.

Mom and Dad were all dressed up and going to church for the Sweetheart Banquet. It was exciting they looked so sparkly, even if they were wearing the same clothes that they wore on Sunday. I'm guessing the sparkle came from not having to take all of us kids with them. A whole evening of fun with other adults, at any rate it was exciting to me.
Then came the years when I was supposed to be going to the banquet with my sweetheart.
THE BAD YEARS
Yes the sweetheart of my youth was in love with Judy. She was a little tiny thing with blond hair you know the girl all the boys wanted to date and Tommy was dating her.
From 7th grade to college that boy broke my heart time and again. Of course there were a few fill in guys while I was waiting for Tommy to find out he was madly in love with me but they were only temps.

Tommy came to my house one day to talk to me. Our years out of high school had changed him. He was in love, it wasn't Judy it was Denice and she was a friend of mine. They married and lived happily everafter.
My heart didn't break to much, it's only been 30 some years and now I can talk about it. NO! really I'm OK I'm over it... honest... I'll be right back...

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

I'm so glad you're not pining away.