Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, February 08, 2008

Migraines

I just read this article in the NY Times
http://migraine.blogs.nytimes.com/2008/02/07/arms-at-rest/

I hate migraines. I had my first one 26 years ago. I look forward to the day when I am free of them.
The first time I had ever heard of them was when my friend W. told me about her head hurting so bad that she couldn't even stand the little movement of the bed when J. came to check on her. It was hard for me to believe that she could have been in that kind of pain. Little did I know.

My first one was something like W.'s and it scared me. I did not think people could live very long with that kind of pain.
It was almost a year later that I had the next one. Then came more and more until I went through almost 4 years of non-stop migraines. FarmWife started calling them "my drug days" after I started using Imitrex shots. For me the shots were a God send until a year ago when I started having rebound headaches from the years of use. Now I have been on a couple of diffrent med.s but haven't done as well as Imitrex and yet they still beat the "drug days".
Those days were usually 3 days of heavy duty drugs then a trip to the hospital were I would get a shot that would knock me out for day and the migraine would be gone for about 24 hours and another would start. It was not a fun time in our house.
FarmWife became the mom to Bubba and Princess and the house keeper. To much for a 8th grader to take on.
Pa was on a new job that kept him away for to many hours a day so our happy little home was anything but happy.
After reading the article I think I will give magnesium and B6 a try to see if they will aid in the death of my migraines. It Could Happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the link

FarmWife said...

I hope it helps. I hate calling home to find you're in pain again. Those days were scary...you being in so much pain.