Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

How Fw and Princess got their Names

Pa and I settled on a boy's name real early on. We then spent the rest of the time trying to find a girls name we both liked. We would pick one and then spend a few days trying it out. You know Billy Bob YOU GET DOWN, Billy Bob Attorney at Law, Dr. Billy Bob and so on. After a few days out the door it would go. There were certain names that I really liked and wanted to use for each girl. Well, after a long winter and spring half over it was time to get a name she would be coming soon.
Pa and I meet at college my second year. We quit school for 2 years and then went back, so there were still a few old friends around. One Sunday night after church I was talking to a girlfriend. We not only grew up together but also ended up living just down the hall from each other in the dorm. Near the end of our conversation C. was talking about one our girlfriends from the dorm. We said our good byes and when I got in the car I ask Pa if he remembered this girl. He did after I told him that she was a cousin to two of his buddies. I ask if he liked her name and said she would be a good person to be named after. He said he did and FW got her first name. Then I added the middle name and for a few days it was settled.
Pa told me he didn't like the middle name. I wasn't real happy with him and started working on another name along the same line. I picked out her new middle name and Pa didn't say a word but you could tell he needed to. He finally told me that the name I picked out was his last girlfriends middle name. To which I said I liked M. and wouldn't mind naming a girl after her. M. and her husband were also our next door neighbors in Married Student housing. We were close friends. M.'s big brother was also Pa's best friend and roommate back in the dorm. We were just one BIG happy family.

Princess, who was our surprise, also got her first name from college friends. R and B are from Texas and had come to Illinois for graduate work. We met just after moving back to school. In no time B. was my new best friend. The end of that year they had a girl. The next year was my turn and B. got me through those 9 months. I did not know anything about babies and B kept telling me it would come to me.
School was out, baby born and we moved home. Bubba came along and then the Big Surprise. When I found out I was having a baby I told Pa that if it was a girl we were naming her after R.and B. little girl. He said that was fine so we just needed a middle name. Now at the time I didn't miss the Walton's and loved watching one of the girls. That is were Princess got her middle name.
All the names being pick, the time came and she was born. Pa called the family with the news. We got home with new baby and Grandma took the older 2 home with her. One day, I'm talking to Mom on the phone and she said that my oldest brother wanted to know why I had named my child after a cow and duck. I thought he was crazy and ask what he was talking about. There was a duck on TV who's name was close to babies name and Mom use to get milk from a diary who emblem was a cow with babies name. Princess's nick name became Ducky Moo Moo, NO, she hasn't had to go to counseling, Because Bubba changed it to Bill,

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

The way I remember it, Princess stuck herself with the name Bill. She was in love with a little boy named Billy at church, so she decided when they got married her name would be "Princess ______ Billy Willy ______." Eventually it was shortened to Bill.

Queen Mother said...

Well that's a good one too.

Ht's Princess said...

I have gone by ducky, and yes FM is right I gave myself the nickname Bill..... all because of Bucka!