Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Monday, July 20, 2009

Long Short Weekend

Saturday morning early early Pa and I left for Central IL. again. This time it was to surprise Pa's mom and dad. His aunt was celebrating her 90Th with a family party.

One day last week Grandma M&M called to see if we remembered to send a card. I told her no we had forgotten, she gave us instructions to e-mail a note and they would take it with them. We didn't do that either and about half way up to IL I told Pa that she was probably really frustrated with us.
We walked into the party and Aunt L smiled with a Oh you came all that way, I'm so pleased kind of smile. Then I think she said "Pa and the Queen Mom are here" and Grandma M&M turned her head. You know how the unexpected doesn't register for a second and is then followed with excited reaction. That was Grandma. I wish it had been filmed. While Grandma was hugging and crying with Pa. Grandpa was taking it all in but couldn't see who Grandma was hugging and I'm sure he was thinking it was a niece or nephew. I leaned down to hug Auntie and Grandpa and I made eye contact, his surprise wasn't as wet as Grandma's but it was funny too.

On Sunday morning we drove down to my Great Grandparent's family Reunion and enjoyed the day with cousins. The evening was spent with FarmWife's family, then the drive half way home. We stopped in Franklin for lunch at Dobson's. They have the best fried chicken and today it was better then usual or so it seemed. I was wishing they had a all you could eat deal. We may have still been there this evening if Pa hadn't of had to go to work.

No comments: