Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Sunday, April 06, 2008

Going to the beach

I have been to Destin and now to Golf Shores and guess what.

There are 3 things to do in these places, go to the beach, shop or eat.

Now I can honestly say that I like to eat and that there were at least a dozen restaurants that I would have loved to have tried out but that takes money and we were on a tight budget.
Maybe some day Pa and I will go back there for a vacation and we will try two or three of them. Uncle Bubba's will not be one of them, as Art, the rapscallions and I tried Bubba's. We had to crab claws along with the usual good eats. Crab claws in our opinion were just not something that we could get all excited about. They were OK and a must try if you are ever in an area were most every restaurant serves them. I mean why go to a region and not try one of the local favorites. Isn't that one of the reasons you travel?

This time of year is good for going to the beach as there are not a lot of people there. There were spring breakers, Indiana, Louisiana, Illinois and Tennessee had the most license plates seen. Then there the families with young children and of course the snowbirds down from the cold. We enjoyed a lot of beach space, no beach blankets side by side here .
Unfortunately there was sand.
I am not a fan of sand.
I grew up in the sand bowl of northern Indiana. Its like the Dust Bowl out west, you can't keep it out of your house.
What would a beach be without sand? I don't think mud would be as much fun in the sculpting department. Sand doesn't stain like mud does either.
The children had a great time in it and it is a cheap way of exfoliating your hands, feet and face should one of your siblings toss a hand full there.

I can't tell you about shopping as we did little to none. I do know that there were enough shopping centers around to keep you busy all day or week for that matter.

I think the best part of the beach is the color. Varying shades of blue,pink, green and yellow. The houses looked like a candy store full of different sizes, shapes and colors.
We had a brand new 12-15 storeyed condo nest to ours and by the end of the week I wanted to buy one of them just because I liked the architecture of the building.
Wouldn't it be fun to be able to just open your front door and run out to the beach or sit out on the balcony and watch the weaves come in or just open the door and listen to the sounds of the surf. It's all possible if you have 600 thousand to a million dollars just laying around.

Do you think the bank would loan us the money if Pa promised not to retire before he turned 80 so we could make the payments?

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

I bet you could sell Bubba to get the money...just a thought.