Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Hang on loopy

It's not official yet, I have vertigo. Not yet because the doctor that started the whole process has not told me that.
Yesterday I went to the family doctor, because on top of the crazy dizzy, I have a runny nose and ear pain. Since we are going to the mountains I thought I should be sure it wasn't a infection or virus of some sort. You know just so I don't get half way around the world and have to go see a doctor.
We all know how easy that is.

He looked at the letter, he had gotten from the EN&T doctor, ask if I had been back to see EN&T doc. No, not yet,

Why did you go to the EN&T doc ?

Because the neurologist sent me.

Did he order the MRI?

No the neurologist did.

Have you been back to neurologist?
Not yet, next month.

Well I can't do anymore then what they have already done.
What about the pain and.......

Stand up and follow my finger. Follow it some more over here. shake your head this way now move it this way.
NO, I don't do circles of any kind. They make me dizzy and I'm already dizzy enough.

It's all part of it. Did they tell you that you have vertigo? No, Did they do blood work? Well I can do some blood work to see if your anemic or if your thyroid isn't working right.

What about the runny nose?
Does this hurt?
No
I'll run blood work just to make sure your not anemic.
So I don't have a sinus infection or something?
No sinus infection, I put in orders for the blood work, give my regards to Mr. Pa, enjoy the mountains.........said over his shoulder as he walks out.

I may have the something, but at least I don't have to worry about a sinus infection.
I love doctors, I love spending quality time with them. I love being able to call and get a appointment, next month, for the cold, pain or whatever I have right now. I love paying them hard earned money. I love calling in for cough medicine only to be told that the doctor would have to see me, so come in at 1 pm and they would work me in. All that means is your going to sit in the waiting room with all the other people with colds for the next 4 hours and share germs, only to have the doctor tell you that you have a cold and here is the prescription for cough medicine you call in about.

For the record I do love my neurologist. She knows me even outside of her office.

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

Busha & Uncle Gick want to know if the doc gave you exercises to combat the virtigo. Uncle Right Rabbi has it & he does somekind of exercises to help.

Anonymous said...

hope you start feeling better and are on the mend. hugs