Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, May 08, 2008

Detox

My detox is not going so very well. Last night I was up late, late looking at things on you tube.
It all began with visiting Grace and the little girl singing so sweet.

Just now I can't remember how, but I ended up on a breastfeeding video group. I didn't know that breastfeeding could be such a disturbing event. Some lady was feeding her baby and people around her got upset and my my what a fuss. I wonder just how modest the woman was. After watching other videos on this subject it made me wonder if any of these women understood the meaning of the word modest.
30 odd years ago I nursed my baby in the main hall of the Museum of Science and Industry in Chicago and had a nice conversation with a older gentleman sitting next to me. At first I was nervous about him knowing what was going on but when the whole event was over I realised that the man probably didn't even know I was breastfeeding. I was so proud of myself.
When I was a kid there was a woman down the street who had a new baby and mom took me with her to see the baby. That woman had no modesty and I well remember being disgusted by her behavior.
I also had a unpleasant experience as young woman and said I would never breastfeed.

However my best friend in college became a new sister during our freshman year and 2 more times after that. On one of my visits to her families home I witnessed Mrs. B. nursing she was so gentle and modest and that is when I knew that I could do that.
After the breastfeeding I went looking about quilting and found such cool things. Pa got up at 1:30 am and put a stop to my you-tube. THANK YOU PA

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

My mom, the YouTube junkie.

You think breastfeeding is a hot topic, you should check out some of the groups on CafeMom.com. Those women get heated (for & against it). It amazes me what a hot button issues it is.