Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 16, 2008

oz, truck and new friends

I'm having one of those weeks. You know were you go and go but get nothing done. This week I feel like I'm in OZ. I even have to set alarms and timers to remember to get ready to go to town. I was in town yesterday to return a blouse and exchange a belt and get the oil changed. In the middle of the store experience Bubba calls and his old car is dead. Were are you Mom? Were are you Bubba? He never ask if I could come get him. Just wanted me to know that the car was dead and that he would find a ride home, his buddy was coming into town and he would take him home to get the Saturn. He just hoped that buddy would get there soon because Bubba had to go to work. I picked him up, feed him and got him home and on the way back through town wondered what it was that I was going to do in town before Bubba's call.

Ugh.. why did I come to town?

Oh yes the oil change. But first a stop at the quilt shop to ask a question and with answer bought the book. Told Jean I was off to get the oil changed and she gave me a coupon for $$ off made me happy.
At the oil change place when they are done with the oil change, they check your lights and stuff. I am not fond of this part because for some reason I can't remember how to turn on the lights or the wipers and usually leave them wondering how in the world I got my licences. It was so bad yesterday that the boys got to laughing and one of them ask if I would like for him to reach through the window and help. I said sure and told them that I don't know why I couldn't remember which side was lights and which was wipers. They wanted to know if I could find the horn.
When my humiliation was over and they were guiding me out one of the boys ask if he could look at the inside of the HHR. I said sure got out and opened the back up showed off my car. He said he would love to have one and we talked about cars for a while. By the time we finished talking I had given him Pa's old truck.
Last night he, his wife and 3yr old son came over to check out the old truck. He was really happy that Pa was would just give him the truck.
Their son was a very busy boy with lots of questions and he took to Pa big time. Pa had to go all around the the yard looking at lots of things and then do it again 2 or 3 more times. Then it was time for them to look inside the HHR and sit in the back of it, get out close it up. open it and sit in the back again. Pa said it was time for the HHR to go to bed so they said good-night to it and the lights flashed back. His folks said it was time for them to leave and after several more good-nights to the HHR the Mom ask the little boy if he wanted to give Pa a good bye hug. The little guy reached right up for Pa and gave him a big hug. Mom and Dad said the little guy was not one to make friends with strangers and they were surprised at how he reacted to Pa and how comfortable he was around us.
So at least yesterday my oz-ie kind of day ended in a very pleasant way.

Old truck gone and new friends made.

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

Daddy always did have a built in kid magnet. Do you remember how crushed he was when Wammy's little girl would have nothing to do with him?

Queen Mother said...

I had forgotten that. That was funny.

"Won't you be my friend"

Maybe Pa is really Mr. Rogers