Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Friday, May 09, 2008

party and books

I've been cruz'n the blogs.

I love books!! I love the smell of the bookstore. I love the feel of good paper. I love to read.
Guess what?

I am a very slow reader. Pa and the children can read a book in a day or 2 if it is a medium size a large one will take maybe 2 weeks of evening reading. All books take me twice as long as them. But that doesn't stop me. I have friends who teach over at the college who helped me some but I still read slow.

Know what?
I love to read out loud when no one is around.

Back when I read to the children I was good at reading out loud. As the years have passed I lost the ebb and flow of reading a loud. I realized that is probably the reason most people don't like to read something to other people. They haven't done it in so long that they think they sound dumb. I don't think Pa likes me to read to him but he lets me anyhow.

Books are always better then the movie. Most of the time the movie only shares, the title and characters names or just a small part of the story.

If a book starts out slow keep at it, it may get better as you go but if you get half way and its still bad you did your best. Use it to start a lovely fire and cozy up with your sweetheart or cook hot dogs with the kids.

Now I ask FarmWife "if she had a party for the Queen of England what would she do"? She had a good answer and so did Kork.
Now I'm asking you the same question.

Plan a party for the Queen of England or the queen of another real country and tell us about it. You can post it on your blog and just leave a note here directing us to your post or you can just post here.

2 comments:

FarmWife said...

I can remember you reading to us since Husband & I were married...must have been one Christmas we were there.

Thanks to you, the FarmHands think anyone who comes to the house is here to read to them! Inkling & Aunt D were presented with a pile of books last time they were here (much to their delight).

Grace said...

Happy Mother's Day!