Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Name that Tune?

"Angels and archangels may have gathered there, Cherubim and seraphim thronged in the air; But his mother only, in her maiden bliss, Worshiped the beloved with a kiss."

I got my shipment of books and goodies from Dover Publishing this week.
One of the books Princess ordered was "Christmas Carols Complete Verses" this year, for a while I will be along to sing along and get it right. Then I will have to give Princess the book and will go back to putting in my own words.

This remains me of when Princess was little. One Christmas season we had been to church and Bubba was not happy. We wrestled him down to get his coat & hat on, wrestled him into his car seat, out of his car seat and coat when we got home. Then found out what it was that had made him so upset. He was mad because Princess had her own Christmas song and he did not have one. It took Pa and I a while to figure out that he was hearing Princess's name in one of the songs. We had to sing all the songs we had sang that morning a couple of times before he could tell us which one was Princess's song.
Now every year when I hear that carol I can see his little face with the sad look because he didn't have a song.

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

He must really be upset with #1 Son for having his own songs & stories!

I remember that. Bubba wasn't the only one who thought Princess's name was in that song.