Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Saturday, November 10, 2007

Oh yes I remember

My niece left me a note and caused me to remember our college apartment. She said "she had me beat in the no storage department". She is so right.
Pa and I lived in one of those apartments when we were in college. They must have figured that you were going to be to poor to have need of storage space. They were right we were poor but we could have used more closet space.
We were living there when Farmwife was born. It was a good thing she didn't have a lot of thing to start out with.
I loved my time at college. I made some great friends there.
Pam and Shirley were my best friends and got me through the first year of school. I was a very shy person. Pam didn't know a stranger.
The funny part was that Pam dated Pa's roommate and best bud and I don't remember meeting Pa until the end of my first year. I know that we had to have spent a little time around each other when P& P were dating. I just think that is so funny because at the end of the year when we did spend the day together we became friends.
After we married and went back to school Shirley's parents had taken the job of houseparents for married students.
The apartments were just being built and I got to pick out the colors I wanted for our apartment.Green or gold it was the 70's I picked gold.
Pa also painted our bedroom a raspberry red because we could do that.
After we moved out a new rule was put into effect and all the apartments had to stay white or off white because someone painted their bedroom some wild color that took a lot of primer to fix before they could rent the place the next year.
Brenda became my best friend when Pa and I were in married student housing. She got me through my first pregnancy. I was scared to death and every time we started talking about taking care of the baby she would tell me "don't worry it'll come to you" and most of it did. I was so surprised.
Funny what one thing can make you think of.
I guess I have spent most of my adult life wanting more storage room. I want a attic like the one in Little Women but I also want a sleeping porch up stairs and I want a dog run and a squared off window room just for the Christmas tree like Grandma Benson had.
IT COULD ALL HAPPEN

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

It probably helped that I only lived in that apartment for a week. Can you imagine a toddler in one?

I think you should paint your living room raspberry red. It would look good with that new carpet!

Mrs. Anweiler said...

We painted our bedroom! It's not raspberry red, but it is a dark tan color (it's called Dunes). We just figure that we'll paint it back when we move!

Queen Mother said...

I don't think I would care for that in the livingroom but in a bedroom in my new house YES.

Mrs.A,
naughty,naughty,
shame on you breaking the rules. Pa said he was going to paint it back too.