Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Wandering mind makes discovery

My parents have lots of siblings. I have known that my whole life. You couldn't miss all those tall people running around grandma's house. I know they are related because Mom was forever saying " go give this to Aunt A B or C, take this over to Uncle D F or G.
Over the years I have made list of all my aunts and uncles names, who they married and their children, like most girls do. I never made any big discoveries in all theses years.
Then one day, while Pa and I were headed to the big city, my mind was wandering and I got to thinking about my family. My Dad's family has had a lot of deaths these past ten years, so I was thinking about who all is gone and who is still here. Then I got to counting my folks siblings again.
For the first time and to my surprise I realized that both families have equal numbers of boys and girls. In Dad's there are 5 boys and 5 girls in Mom's 4 girls and 4 boys.
How in the world did I miss that all these years. I do not know, I may even have known it but forgot it. At any rate I know it now and I think it is really cool.
My grandmothers were quite remarkable women to have worked that out so nicely. OK so it wasn't them. They deserve the credit anyhow.

1 comment:

FarmWife said...

I never realized that either...of course, I barely realized all those people were my aunts and uncles...not to mention who each one was. It was all very confusing. Topped off with "oh,honey, you're growing up so fast! You look just like your daddy/mamma/grandmother."